The Suite Captain is responsible for reporting any potential or actual emergency condition to the Management Office at (630) 963-0700.
The Suite Captain is also responsible for organizing his/her emergency team members and making sure emergency procedures are carried out correctly.
After leaving the building, the Suite Captain should locate the Building Manager or Assistant Manager. He/she will be located on the sidewalk in front of the handicapped parking at the main entrance. Inform the Building Manager or the Assistant of the following:
- The location of the fire if spotted in or around your suite.
- Whether everyone is out or not. If not, the location of those remaining.
- Appoint other personnel within your office to assist you in monitoring fire safety within your suite.
- You should appoint an Assistant Suite Captain to both assist the Suite Captain and to take charge in case of absence of the Suite Captain.
- You should be familiar with the closest stairwell for exiting. Further, you should also be aware of a second option of evacuation in case the first option is blocked.
- Supervise all key emergency team members.
- Ensure that all emergency team personnel know their assigned duties and location in case of an emergency.
- Inform and train key emergency personnel and all suite personnel in emergency procedures.
- Pre plan the handling of handicapped and/or physically disabled personnel during evacuation.
- Responsible for the evacuation of suite personnel.
Click here to view the Fire Safety Team Chart