If a damaging storm occurs:
- Move away from the building exterior to an elevator lobby or an interior room without windows, or the building stairwells.
- Report any damage or storm related leaks to the Management Office at 963-0700.
When severe weather conditions become apparent, the U.S. Weather Bureau describes conditions by two (2) classifications, a Watch or a Warning. This applies to the reporting of severe thunderstorms, the approach of weather conditions favoring the formation of tornadoes, a hurricane condition, a winter storm condition, etc. A Watch becomes effective when atmospheric conditions are present that can produce the particular weather phenomenon. A Warning means that the weather condition has been spotted and prompt action must be taken to enhance safety.
Except in very rare circumstances, the decision to evacuate the building based on the above weather reports will not be made by Building Management, but rather by each Tenant Company. However, in the event these conditions do exist, the following guidelines should adhered to:
- Move away from outside windows. If the windows in your offices are supplied with blinds, close the blinds (this will provide protection from broken glass).
- Do not panic.
- If evacuated, lock all desk drawers and take all items of value with you.
- If evacuated, use a route that is in the building interior and stay away from large expanses of glass and windows.
- Use the stairwells rather than the elevators.
- If evacuated, do not return to your office until advised to do so.
Severe Weather Alerts
Below is a link to the Village of Downers Grove Self Service Web Portal; you can log on and sign up to receive severe weather alerts from the Village of Downers Grove. We encourage each tenant to sign up for this service.
Severe Weather Sirens
The Village of Downers Grove uses Outdoor Emergency Sirens.These severe weather sirens are TESTED year-round on the first Tuesday of the month at 10:00 a.m.